Randy Newman - It's a Jungle Out There

Powered by mp3skull.com

Thursday, October 21, 2010

How did I think of this topic?


Well, I went to a online random word generator and kept refreshing it till I found an interesting word. The word parasite popped up which made me think of the show Monsters Inside Me from Animal Planet; Monsters Inside Me is basically a show about people telling their stories about when they had a parasite eating them. I then typed in types of parasites into google and clicked on the closest edu site. I scrolled down till I found the most interesting name for a parasite and, I found cryptosporidium parvum which reminded me of kryptonite. I researched cryptosporidium and found that it could be caught from drinking water and humans can't go without water for three days. It never said where or exactly how though which lead me to the question, "How protected are we really from diseases and parasites that could be lurking in our drinking water in America?"

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting topic. The safety of our drinking water is very important. Yet some places water is better quality than others, and I believe it depends on where you live. Nevertheless, it is an interesting and very realistic topic to study upon and you might find some shocking results. Many places have old pipes and outdated treatments to purify water. It also depends on the source of the water and immune people are to battling foreign substances. Things like mining waste, outdated purification methods, animal waste, and pollution might affect the water. Still you can ask your water provider and they have to give you a straight answer.

    ReplyDelete