Randy Newman - It's a Jungle Out There

Powered by mp3skull.com

Friday, October 22, 2010

Background info I already know...


Humans can't go without water for more then 3 days; I found this out from a survival show on the Discovery Channel. I know that a parasite has to feed on another living organism and that sometimes when the water we flush down the toilet goes to the water plant to be filtrated it can come back through your sink water after filtration. I know there are many steps to the water filtration process. I have also discovered as I said in the post below cryptosporidium parvum is a parasite that can be caught through water and, the first human case was in 1976. Crptosporidium before usually just affected cattle. The picture to the left shows what crptosporidium looks like. The syptoms of crptosporidium are quite horrific, for they include frequent watery diarrhea, nausea, vomiting abdonminal cramps, and a low fever. For an immunocompromiised person the symptoms are even worse.They include debilitating cholera-like diarrhea (up to 20 liters a day), severe abdominal cramps, malaise, fever, weight loss, and anorexia so, I sure hope todays water filtration is better than in 1976.

3 comments:

  1. Hali, I cant wait to read your final. It sounds so interesting. I also love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good topic, People in America today have gotten used to the fact of having a readily available source of 'pure' water. So many people dont think twice about any microbial dangers in their water, so a lot of people just drink straight from the tap. We shouldn't need to wait until we have a sizable Cryptosporidium parasitic infection rate to wake up American citizens to these dangers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so this kind of makes me wonder what really is floating around in my water and if I am at risk., even though 1976 was . I think its a really cool topic and i can't wait to read on and find out more.

    ReplyDelete